Driven by Quality
1. The engine warranty covers blocks, heads, and all internals. Bolt-on accessories, wiring
and sensors are not warranted.
2. We are not responsible for improper installation and or labor charges.
3. All returned parts or canceled orders are subject to a 30% handling and restocking fee plus the customer assumes all shipping costs.
4. In the event that the buyer defaults on the terms of payment, the buyer agrees to reimburse Car Part Headquarters, LLC for all costs and attorney fees it incurs in collection action.
5. All misordered or misdiagnosed parts will be assessed a 30% restocking charge and freight both ways, regardless of the reason.
6. We do not assume towing, shipping, transportation, and car rental costs.
7. The usual delivery time is about 7-14 working days but due to some unusual circumstances please allow additional time.
8. All residential deliveries incur a $75 shipping charge unless agreed to otherwise
9. Extended warranty will be activated upon notification of installation of the part.
10. Engine or transmission must be installed AND warranty activated within 10 business days of delivery OR ALL WARRANTIES WILL VOIDED. Falsifying information will automatically void your warranty.
11. Exchanges or Store credits only after the part has been in the customer’s possession for more than 30 days.
12. Although Car Part Headquarters, LLC makes every effort to make the part look as nice as possible before it ships no
warranty or guarantee is made towards the appearance of that part.
13. Make sure to inspect all parts before signing for them on delivery.
14. The stated mileage is not guaranteed and is correct to the best of our knowledge.
15. We do not warranty oil leaks/damage on engines or transmissions due to non-replaced seals, gaskets, or filters.
16. OEM auto parts are interchangeable with multiple years, makes, and models, which means the same part is an exact fit for multiple makes, and models as determined by OEM standards. We guarantee the part we sell to fit your vehicle.
17. All deposits are non-refundable.
18. Any engine and transmission returned not in the same assembled condition as it was received will not be refunded under any circumstances.
19. Engines are tested and visually inspected.
CONDITIONS THAT WILL VOID WARRANTIES:
If the item is improperly installed.
If the item is used for racing.
If the item is operated without proper lubrication or cooling regardless of the reason.
Engine Warranty – Full Detail
One-time Warranty Claim Service:
We provide a one-time warranty claim service for our products.
You may only file a single warranty claim on any product you purchase from us, without the possibility of filing any future claims on the same product. Our warranty claim service professionals will work diligently to ensure your warranty claim experience is a success.
We reserve the right to charge any necessary fees in connection with the fulfillment of any valid warranty claim.
*PLEASE NOTE: Falsifying information will automatically void your warranty.
Car Part Headquarters, LLC warrants to the original purchaser that each used engine sold by Car Part Headquarters, LLC shall
be free from knocking, excessive oil consumption, and cracks in the block, subject to the following terms and conditions
Engine: As used herein, the term engine shall mean, a used engine assembly (basic block, cylinder head, and internal components) supplied by Car Part Headquarters, LLC of the original manufacturer – Everything else is left on for convenience purposes only.
Subject to the limitations listed herein, Car Part Headquarters, LLC at its option will either give the customer another engine of the like kind and quality, if available from Car Part Headquarters, LLC stock, or refund the purchase price if Car Part Headquarters, LLC agrees engine defective. Car Part Headquarters, LLC will not be responsible for any labor cost incurred by the customer.
This warranty applies only to the used Engine. This warranty shall not apply to or include the following: Repair or replacement required as a result of any accident or misuse.
Repair or replacement of any engine item, including specifically, without limitation, all components of the cooling, fuel, electrical, engine control system, and all ignition system components, belts, hoses, and filters.
Any engine used for competition racing or related purposes.
Any engine that has been repaired or remodeled to which any device or accessory not conforming to original manufacturer specifications has been installed.
Warranty DOES NOT apply to any engine damaged as a result of overheating or lack of lubrication. The warranty will be void on any engine returned with the heat tabs missing or melted out. Heat tabs will melt at 260 degrees and above.
The warranty does not cover the initial installation.
Any warranty repairs must be authorized by Car Part Headquarters, LLC, and will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Upon submitting the Warranty Claim, you MUST submit documentation, as required during the Claim process, within 5 business days or your claim will be denied, with no exceptions. Furthermore, continued operation of the vehicle after an issue has been identified will void the Warranty Claim.
If we elect to replace your engine with another engine, the replacement is considered to be a repair of the original unit. YOUR ORIGINAL DATE OF INSTALLATION and MILEAGE AT THAT TIME REMAIN IN EFFECT.
ADDITIONAL LIMITATIONS & OWNER/USER OBLIGATIONS FOR THIS WARRANTY TO REMAIN IN EFFECT:
Engine oil and filter MUST be changed at the first 1,000 miles after installation and the remaining oil and filter changes to follow the manufacturer’s suggested schedule. (Official Service Center Records must be kept – No personal maintenance records are accepted. (Handwritten etc.)
Oil and temperature light/gauge and speedometer MUST be in proper working order
A new thermostat MUST be installed
A new timing belt must be installed (if applicable
FAILURE TO PERFORM THESE OPERATIONS VOIDS WARRANTY** :
The liability of Car Part Headquarters, LLC is solely and exclusively limited to supplying a replacement engine if available or refunding the purchase price. Car Part Headquarters, LLC does not assume and has no liability for labor costs or replacement of oil or anti-freeze, damage to other engine parts or components towing charges, telephone calls, freight, lost profits, lost time, substitute transportation or replacement vehicle, or any other consequential damages. Car Part Headquarters, LLC has no responsibility for any failure resulting from improper installation, modification of the product faulty or incompatible parts and accessories, and/or abnormal use of operation. Car Part Headquarters, LLC sells used automobile engines and transmissions, not used automobiles. State and federal laws regulate odometer mileage for most used automobiles, but odometer mileage determinations for used engines and engine parts are not practically possible and are not subject to known state and federal laws. Determination of mileage use for used engines or transmissions cannot be done with certainty because these engines and transmissions are routinely sold and transferred separately and apart from the original vehicle in which they were installed. Therefore, all representations of mileage are estimates based on information and belief. Car Part Headquarters, LLC does, however, offer extensive engine and transmission part warranties regardless of mileage, relying upon Car Part Headquarters, LLC’s expertise evaluation of its products. In the event that the Buyer defaults on the terms of payment, the Buyer agrees to reimburse Car Part Headquarters, LLC for all
costs and reasonable attorney fees it incurs in a collection action. We do NOT accept anything Freight Collect.
3-Year Part & Labor: Terms and Conditions
ENGINES COVERAGE INFORMATION: Coverage expires 36 months from the purchase date or 36,000 miles from the odometer at the time of used engine installation; whichever comes first. COVERED COMPONENTS: ENGINE: The following components of gasoline or diesel engines: pistons pins, crankshaft, and main bearings, connecting rods and rod bearings, camshaft and camshaft bearings, intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, oil pump, push rods, rocker arms, hydraulic lifters, and rocker arm shafts. The engine block and cylinder heads are covered only if damaged by a covered component. SEALS & GASKETS: Seals and gaskets are replaced only if part of the repair or replacement of covered components. Leaking gaskets or seals are not covered. GENERAL, KEY TERMS & CONDITION:
PLACEMENT PARTS (INCLUDING ENGINE): The engine must be installed within 10 days of its receipt. A new thermostat and timing belt must be installed at the time of engine installation. Any claims occurring prior to receiving such funds will be considered pre-existing and will not be covered. In case of a total breakdown of a part or engine, the administrator’s obligation is limited to repairing or replacing broken covered components. It is the administrator’s decision to replace the engine or to replace part(s) that are covered under this contract. If replacement of an engine is required and a replacement engine is not available, we reserve the right to pay in cash the cost of the replacement engine’s value. If the engine needs to be replaced under the coverage of this contract, Car Part Headquarters, LLC has the option to replace the said engine with another used assembly of like kind and quality or pay the contract holder the Car Part Headquarters, LLC wholesale replacement engine cost. Car Part Headquarters, LLC will not be responsible for any freight cost incurred. Replacement of any parts or engine will be done only once under this contract. REFUND PROCEDURES: This product warranty is not cancelable or refundable. TRANSFERABILITY: This product warranty is not transferable to another purchaser or another engine. ADMINISTRATOR’S RIGHTS TO TERMINATE BENEFITS: In the event of a claim, the administrator reserves the right to terminate the benefits of this product warranty upon the discovery of fraud or misrepresentation of a material fact by the purchaser or the purchaser’s representative. Evidence of fraud or misrepresentation is forwarded to the proper state and federal authorities. Any vehicle used in the commission of a crime will have all benefits terminated.
- Change oil every 3,000 miles or 3 months, whichever comes first after the initial oil change and product installation. This must be done by a commercial lubrication facility.
- Purchasers may not have their required maintenance performed by a service facility that is owned or operated by the purchaser. Purchasers cannot perform their own maintenance for product warranty requirements.
- Acceptable records documenting the purchaser’s adherence to the vehicle manufacturer’s required maintenance are required in the event of a claim.
- Acceptable records must be: issued on the date of maintenance, issued in the name of the purchaser, be signed by the purchaser, be electronically generated, issued by the commercial lubrication service facility performing the maintenance, and include mileage, date, vehicle identification number, year, make, and model, and include a record of payment and service performed. Any handwritten information on records, receipts, or repair orders, pertaining to or documenting required maintenance is not acceptable.
- Breakdown or failure of any listed covered component prior to benefit activation is not covered.
- Any and all claims or damage resulting from abuse, negligence, freezing, overheating of any type, failure to maintain proper coolant, fluid, refrigerant, or lubrication levels, personal damages, per diem expenses, storage fees, medical expenses, telephone or rental charges, fire, flood, vandalism, theft, collision, acts of GOD, competition or racing, usages not approved by the vehicle manufacturer, improper load capacity, or improper towing, damages caused by contaminated fluids, coolants, or lubricants for any reason, misuse, road conditions, riots or acts of war. Excessive oil consumption and diminished performance are not covered. Leaking seals, gaskets, or fittings are not covered. Vehicle components that require normal manufacturer’s recommended replacement intervals are not covered. Benefits are not active until all applicable fees or the administrator has received installment payment plan confirmation. Benefits are not active until the customer calls to activate warranty
- Pre-existing conditions and problems that occur prior to the benefit activation date and mileage are not covered. Covered components that are worn or burned but NOT broken are not covered. Broken-covered components are defined as components that have cracked or separated into pieces. Covered components that are flaking or have been damaged by excessive heat or scoring are not covered.
- Any component not listed as a covered component is not covered. Damage to a covered component due to non-covered
component failure is not covered.
- Incidental and consequential damages are not covered.
- Vehicles with: a non-functioning odometer, a diesel engine manufactured before 1990, a rotary engine, alterations not approved
by the manufacturer including, but not limited to, oversized or undersized tires and lift kits, and vehicles used for commercial purposes are not eligible for coverage under this product warranty.
- Claims occurring outside the United States are not covered.
- Once a claim has been initiated, the purchaser may not continue to operate the vehicle until a claim decision has been made. Continued operation will void the claim.
- Any work or repair done to the vehicle without prior written authorization from the administrator is not considered an authorized claim.
- Warranty will void if the part is used for racing, operated without proper fluids, or has a melted heat tab.
- Freight is not paid under this contract on any parts or engine claims.
- Towing & diagnostic charges are not paid under this contract.
- Breakdown or failure means totally inoperable. It does not mean a decrease or gradual reduction in the part’s performance due to normal or abnormal wear and tear.
- Breakdown caused by mechanical alterations not meeting manufacturer’s specifications.
- Breakdowns covered by factory recall.
- Any covered part, which is not broken or inoperable, which a repair facility recommends or requires to be repaired or replaced.
- Breakdowns to a covered part already replaced under the contract.
- Liability for tear down is the customer’s responsibility.
- Defective parts must be made available for inspection upon the claims administrator’s request.
- Breakdown caused by excessive wear and tear for the year and mileage of the vehicle is not covered under this contract.
- Warranty is voided if heat tab is melted, or if the engine has no heat tab at the time of claim.
- Breakdowns covered by manufacturer warranty or recall, distributor or repairers guarantee any other written warranty,
government or court orders, decrees or settlements, or any valid or collectible insurance policy.
- Improper engine installation. We do not warranty oil leaks/damage on engines or transmissions due to non-replaced seals, gaskets, or filters.
LIMITED LIABILITY FOR ENGINES:
Parts and labor warranty begins on the 14th day & 501st mile after the part is installed. Warranty must be activated within 10 business days of delivery OR ALL WARRANTIES WILL VOIDED. Falsifying information will automatically void your warranty. Car Part Headquarters, LLC will reimburse the repairer up to $50.00 per hour for the repair of a part or assembly. These charges shall not exceed (a) 100% of the part price as indicated on your original invoice, and (b) applicable numbers of hours derived from labor allowances from nationally recognized labor time allowance manuals. The limit of liability is $2,500 (aggregate) or the actual cash value of the vehicle whichever is the lesser amount at the time of claim as determined by the low book amount in either KBB or the NADA Guide at the company’s discretion. Customers with warranty-related questions can contact the warranty department by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.